We're looking for an exceptional backend engineer to help us scale and connect millions of devices to wireless networks.
The projects and potential impact are incredible. We're looking for talented, ambitious and entrepreneurial team members who are excited to tackle these challenges.
As a backend engineer, you will:
- Deploy exciting new features
- Help us scale to scale to 10’s of millions of customers & connected devices
- Build quality tools and frameworks to ensure a high-quality product
- Build systems to ensure continuous uptime
Role based out of our Toronto Office. Candidates who can join without sponsorship requirements are welcome to apply.
- Competitive salary plus equity
- Extended health coverage
- The fast pace and agility of a venture-backed startup
- All the hardware/software/equipment you need
Want to join our team? Send us your resume Have a portfolio of work? Send us the link. Designed an App? Feel free to shoot over the link
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Extensive experience (4+ years) of building enterprise ready platforms for handling high transactional volumes of customer requests and supporting it into production.
- Strong knowledge of Java and Spring framework
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL concepts
- Hands-on API design experience
- Hands-on micro services and architecture experience using Spring boot, RabbitMQ, Docker and Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience writing Jenkins pipelines.
- Hands-on experience on event sourcing and CQRS
- Self-starter and strong, quick problem solving skills
- Experience with scale and high-traffic applications
- Experience with different non functional conformance aspects like security, reliability and high availability
BONUS POINT IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in Domain Driven Design, Event Storming techniques to flush out high level architectural patterns
- Read Clean code and Clean architecture
- Prior startup experience is fantastic (but not necessary); being scrappy will help you hit the ground running.